A Bronze Age bell barrow survives as earthworks within the main alignment of the Winterbourne Stoke Crossroads round barrow cemetery (Monument Number 219525). It has an overall diameter of 40m and comprises a circular mound, 1.6m high, which sits slightly off-centre on a platform that is defined by a ring ditch.
The barrow was excavated in the early 19th century by Sir Richard Colt Hoare (Barrow 26: 1812), who found a primary inhumation in a boat-shaped wooden coffin, with shale and amber beads, a bronze knife dagger, a bronze awl and a small pottery vessel, which is the only find to survive (Devizes Museum). It was listed as Winterbourne Stoke 9 by Goddard (1913), who described it as a bowl barrow, and was listed as such by Grinsell (1957).
The round barrow was mapped from aerial photographs at a scale of 1:10,000 as part of the RCHME: Salisbury Plain Training Area NMP project and this mapping revised at a scale of 1:2500 for the English Heritage Stonehenge WHS Mapping Project. It was surveyed at a scale of 1:1000 in Februaru 2010 as part of English Heritage's Stonehenge WHS Landscape Project.