Hut 10 formed part of the Government Code and Cipher School at Bletchley Park and was part of the second phase of wartime development of the park. It was built in 1940 to house the Air Intelligence Section which dealt with all the non Enigma and low-grade ciphers used by the German and other enemy airforces. When this section moved to Block A (Monument HOB UID 1525270) in 1942 the Hut was given over to the codes section of the Secret Intelligence Service, which liased with the USA. In 1945 and 1946 the hut was used for record storage. It is a single-storey, rectangular on plan building constructed of timber, on a brick base, with a felt roof.
In 1946 the hut was used as a workshop by the Directed Works Section of the Ministry of Works. In 1992 it became part of the
Bletchley Park Trust which manages the site and from 1994 formed part of Bletchley Park National Codes Centre Museum. A refurbishment of the building took place in 2002.