Hut 11 formed part of the Government Code and Cipher School at Bletchley Park. It was part of the Hut 11 complex comprising Huts 11, 11A (Monument HOB UID 1534480) and 11B (Monument HOB UID 1534507) situated to the north of the house. This complex housed the Bombe Section which was responsible for the management, development and maintenance of the Bombe - a decoding machine developed to break Enigma Codes.
Hut 11 was the first of the three Huts to be built, planned during late 1940 and completed in March 1941. It was the first brick built building at Bletchley Park, was splinter proof and specifically designed to protect the Bombe, superceding Hut 1 (Monument HOB UID 1525258) the original Bombe hut at Bletchley Park. The Bombe Section was moved out of Hut 11 and into Hut 11A (Monument HOB UID 1534480) in February 1942. Hut 11 was used as office and storage space for the rest of the war. In 1946 Hut 11 together with Hut 11A (Monument HOB UID 1534480) were used as carpenters' workshops and stores by the Ministry of Works. After 1994 it was refurbished to house a display about the history of the bombe as part of the Bletchley Park National Codes Centre Museum.
Hut 11 is a single storey blast proof building constructed of brick, standing on a plinth of blue engineering brick, with a concrete slab roof.