A World War II Bombe Outstation to the Government Code and Cipher School at Bletchley Park (Monument HOB 1222785). The five Bombe outstations Wavendon (Monument HOB UID 1535472), Adstock Manor (Monument HOB UID 1535589), Gayhurst (Monument HOB UID 344934), Eastcote (Monument HOB UID 1400211) and Stanmore operated Bombe machines which were used in the breaking of the Enigma Code. By the end of the war the outstations operated over 200 Bombes operated on an inter-service basis with the installation and maintenance completed mainly by RAF and civilian personnel, and operated by WRNS.
'OSS' (Outstation Stanmore) was opened in November 1942 and had a total of 49 Bombes operational. The site had accomodation for over 400 WRNS and RAF, Royal Naval and civilian staff.